SAFETY SOLUTIONS FOR UNIQUE SECURE
Unique Secure is a security firm in Copenhagen, Denmark, servicing customers within the premium brand industry. Apart from security and theft control in premium shops, Unique Secure also offer logistics control, facility and building services and administrative services.
Security staff found it difficult to communicate and handle daily tasks, whilst maintaining a high level of service and security to their premium customers. Furthermore, management wanted to ensure their personal safety if they faced a threatening or emergency situation.
Unique Secure chose digital guard radios and smartphones and combined with ZONITH’s alarm handling and task allocation software to handle work orders and dispatch alarms immediately to their radios/smartphones if an alarm is raised. Each handheld device can be located in an emergency via GPS when outdoors and via Bluetooth when indoors.
Improve Communication and Staff Safety
To further enhance their service offerings to their customers, Unique Secure have recently taken the latest radio and software technologies into use, transitioning from delivering traditional security services to become a full-service company.
Alarm Handling & Task Allocation
Due to tough competition in the market, Unique Secure chose to new technology to set themselves apart from the others. ZONITH’s Alarm Control System can:
- Dispatch personal panic alarms from and to digital guard radios and smartphones.
- Dispatch lone worker alarms if an ‘Are you OK?’ message is not answered.
- Handle alarms from building management systems and CCTV.
- Integrate with digital guard radios and smartphones work orders, allowing tasks to be raised and forgotten about, as they can be accepted from the guard radios/smartphones, and escalated to the next employee if rejected.
Indoor and Outdoor Positioning
Apart from having instant access to alarms and work orders, Unique Secure now have a much better system to protect the staff themselves. The radios and smartphones are tracked using ZONITH’s Real Time Location System called RTLS which will use the radios/smartphone Bluetooth when the guards are inside the shops and GPS when the guards are outdoors.
To monitor the location of Bluetooth units inside the shop the RTLS uses small Bluetooth receivers. If an alarm is raised, all other staff members will receive instant information about the alarm and also the exact location of the staff in distress.
- Panic alarms are immediately dispatched to security radios and smartphones.
- Guards can be located both indoors and outdoors.
- Discreet panic alerting for quick assistance calling but also to avoid escalated and dangerous situations.
- Guards can communicate easily via the smartphones and digital radios.
- Task allocation and acceptance achievable through integration with smartphones and radios Work Order interface.
“We selected ZONITH’s alarm and task handling solution which can be combined with smartphones and digital radios, which are needed as we work throughout the entire city of Copenhagen. Apart from the voice communication, the smarthphones/radios also support text messaging, Bluetooth and GPS, which makes a perfectly suited solution for us!”
Kasper Jarlkov, Managing Director Unique Secure